Lemon White-Bean Bruschetta
- Slice 1 loaf Italian bread diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- From 1 lemon, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice. In medium bowl, with fork, lightly mash 1 can 15-19 ounce Cannellini beans with lemon juice and peel, 1 garlic clove chopped, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, and 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves.
- Place bread slices on grill rack and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted on both sides. Just before serving, top with bean mixture and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon fresh parsley.
- Roasted Peppers with Caper Dressing
|Food and Wine|
- 1. Roast Red & Yellow peppers over a gas flame or *broil them, until charred all over. When the peppers are cool enough to handle, pull off the skin. Remove the stems, seeds and core. Cut the peppers lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
- 2. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, using a fork, stir together 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- 3. Add the roasted peppers and 2 tablespoons drained capers and/or halved and pitted olives, chopped tomato (remove seeds) toss and serve with a sprinkle of chopped fresh basil .
- *To roast the peppers quickly and with little mess, stand them upright and cut the flesh from each of the four sides, leaving the stem, seeds and core behind. Put the peppers on an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet or directly on oven rack, cut-side down, and broil until charred. Peel off the blackened skin.